Thursday, September 21, 2006

Goodbye Old Friend

Last week I had to do one of the most horrible and sad things I've ever done. Pepper, my kitty cat of 15 years, was put down. I kept putting off making the decision because he has been with me for so long. I got him when I was just 11 years old, so I really just thought he'd be around forever. I can hardly remember my life without this little cat in it. I'm sure to some people who do not have pets it seems very silly to make such a big deal about a pet, but they become part of your family. He wasn't always the best cat in the whole world but I loved him very much. He kept me company many times and he traveled with me when I moved to California, and now to Wyoming. He had diabetes...I know...crazy. We had to give him insulin twice a day. I tell you, what people will do for their animals. :)

The truth is it's still very sad for me to think about this which is why it took me so long to write this post.

Goodbye Pepper kitty. I will miss you very much.


Here he is with Sammi....we always thought they were secret best friends. :)

9 comments:

Bethalow said...

Kim I am so sorry! I am so sorry I didn't know too... if you need anything you just tell me... Very sad.

Kim and Matt said...

Thanks Beth. Don't apologize either silly...I really didn't tell anyone. Hope you guys are having fun on the babymoon! :)

Sam said...

I'm so sorry! We'll miss Pepper, too. He's in a very good place, full of memories of you. HUGS!

Keelee said...

I'm sorry! Pepper's in a better place.. with my doggies Mikey and Sport.

Kim and Matt said...

Thanks everyone. :) I did think of you Keelee since you just posted about Mikey. I hope I put a comment on that, but if not I was very sorry to hear about your loss too. It's just like losing a sibling since we've practically grown up with them.

Anonymous said...

Kim-I'm so sorry to hear about Pepper. I know this must be hard time for you. Take care.

Sally Y said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Kim! I feel so sad for you right now and wish I could give you a big hug! Our pets ARE family and it's not silly at all to be sad.

momto2boys said...

Aww...I have chills from your post. I am soooo sorry about your loss of dear Pepper. (((( hugs)))))

Kim and Matt said...

Thanks everyone, you are all so sweet to think of me. :)