Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Crash

Avery's second Christmas is already proving to be a little more memorable than the last! She absolutely loves Christmas trees and lights, but of course is still not quite sure what to make of all of it. It's so fun to see her reaction to everything. This year will be the first year where we'll wait to bring out all the presents until Christmas Eve!

So as I was saying, this Christmas is proving to be more memorable...well as you can see in the picture below, we have now had to put a gate in front of our tree. The reason is this, as I am frantically making dinner, hoping Matt will be home soon because Avery is trying to stir up trouble, I have to keep shooing her away from our tree. I'm trying everything to coax her away. Well, all of a sudden it's very quiet and then.............CRASH!!! Avery succeeded in knocking over the tree! Luckily it fell onto our couch and not her. However, she did trip over the light cord, fell back against the wall while pulling out the cord from the socket. She was fine, a little scared...and no ornaments were broken. So I thought, all is well, I'll just have Matt put the tree back up when he gets home. Well, it turns out the base to the tree was broken! So it's now held together with gorilla glue and duct tape!! Thanks for saving our tree sweet pea! As you can see (maybe) in the picture, the tree is just a little crooked....you'd hardly be able to tell!! Next year, we'll be getting another.

Picture of the tree below:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I so needed that laugh. I am still laughing, hold on it's hard to type. HAHA HA HA HA!
I'm glad everyone's okay & the tree looks great. Wish I could see the duct tape! :)

Anonymous said...

That was a hilarious story!! That picture needs to be kept forever, so you guys can show Avery how you celebrated Christmas when she was little.