Sunday, October 08, 2006

Random Thoughts

Avery got a ride on toy for her birthday...which she absolutely loved. At first she just played the music on it and put things inside the seat (it has a little storage space).

Hanging out with the ride on toy, not sure what to do.
Falling off the ride on toy after sort of riding on it. :)
Finally mastering the ride on toy!! Yippee!

Our weekend was very busy and productive! Friday we had dinner with some friends, where we were told that Avery was not allowed to be in the bar. Long story, so I'll try to explain the short version. One of the guys we were meeting was waiting in the bar for everyone at Red Lobster. Matt and I walk in and see him, go in to the bar to tell him we were there, say our Hi's and Hello's...we were literally in there for maybe 30 seconds, when the bartender proceeded to tell us that we couldn't have the baby in the bar, that you have to be 21 and over. Well NO KIDDING LADY!! I then had to quickly hide the vodka tonic I had secretly ordered for Avery, my one year old daughter! (Am I laying on the sarcasm thick enough here?). She was extremely rude about it...to the point where Matt and I almost said something to the manager. She said to me, "This is a bar." To which I said back, "Really? I know this is a bar, thanks for pointing that out!" Hopefully you get the jist of the story in the small space I wrote in. :) OK, thanks for letting me vent.

Saturday we got our glasses fixed, got new phones and bought picture frames because Hobby Lobby had them for half-off through Saturday. I got the brilliant idea of re-decorating a wall in our living room. I always forget how much fun it is to hang up pictures, but Matt was great and did all the math to make sure that all the frames were level, etc. Thanks Sweet Pea!

Sunday, we actually hung up the picture frames, played a lot with our phones...we got the new blue tooth things. They are pretty cool!! We watched football and ordered pizza for dinner. Pretty relaxing...aside from pretty much being on the phone all day with friends and family :)

Thanks for checking in on us and we hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Love,

Kim, Matt and Avery

4 comments:

momto2boys said...

GO! Avery!!! :)
Enjoy your day today with the family Kim

Sam said...

Tell the lady at Red Lobster to go jump in the lake. Meanie.
Glad you had a great weekend! Avery is so super cute and very talented! :)
Take some pics of the new wall, I wanna see! :) miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

What's really weird about your story is that you guys ate at Red Lobster. Riley ate there on Friday night with his friend's family and Eric and I ate there on Saturday night. Those all you can eat commercials must be working!!!
Avery looks great on her ride on toy. You know they make a popper ride on toy as well-hmmm, maybe a Christmas gift!!!

Mom Mc said...

Avery looks sooooo cute sitting on the grass and you even caught the tumble. So far yours is the one blog I can still get into the regular way. What is with the "beta" and "google" thing.?