Monday, December 22, 2008

Hello!

Wow, it's been longer than ever since I've blogged! I can't believe I've gone this long. Well, I'm sure you'll all be completely shocked when I say that one of my new year's resolutions will be to dutifully update the blog at least once a week. I am going to work diligently to accomplish this goal. With Emmy getting bigger and needing a little less of my attention, I hope to actually follow through with this resolution.

As you can imagine with a newborn around the house, much has happened since I last left you all. Particularly with Emmersen's health. After several visits to the ER and doctor's office, we've now discovered she is allergic to both milk and soy. She is on a very specialized formula (in fact, the most specialized there is) and seems to be doing well. However, her acid reflux is constantly a battle. With her allergies, we are now seeing a pediatric gastroenterologist so he has been closely monitoring her allergies and reflux. One of these days the poor kid might actually feel good! Thankfully, aside from the aforementioned issues, she is a relatively happy baby. Very smiley, except of course for the camera! Preparations are now underway for Christmas. It's such an exciting time as a parent. Avery is starting to understand the concept even more but definitely showed reservations when meeting the man in red. Her only request was to receive 5 presents. I told her Santa may be able to take care of that, but of course she'd need to be a good girl. So easy to please. It makes me dread the days when 5 presents of any kind will do. I have many pictures to post, of course as usual, but I will first start with Emmy's monthly pictures. I realized I missed posting her three month shot...mostly due to the fact that we were busy trying to figure out a diagnosis for her problems. Without further ado, here they are!

Three months...right about when she started getting sick and losing weight. :(


Four months...a much happier baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! She is soooo cute!!! Put her on a plane and sending her this way. I hope you guys have a great Christmas. I'm sure Avery is super excited.