Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Where does the time go? It seems that just the other day we were planning her first birthday party. Our little girl is growing up too quickly. I guess I need to say our first little girl now, don't I? Well today I took her to her first official day of preschool! She's such a well adjusted kid so I tried to prepare myself for the drop off scene. I guess I didn't prepare myself enough because I had to say goodbye to her several times just to get acknowledgement that I was even there! Ha Ha She just walked right in like she owned the place. Typical Avery. Her teacher is actually in our bible study group, so that puts my mind at ease since I am not there to watch her. She is going on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and next Tuesday can't come soon enough for her. We've been talking about school ever since she got home. I'm so happy she enjoys it and it's really something she needs right now. Time away from home to do something just for herself. But....I am torn between emotions of sadness and joy. Sad because my little munchkin is growing up so fast and joy to watch her enjoy and explore life. I'm sure I'll be posting much more about Avery's adventures in preschool. Somehow I foresee many, many, many stories to tell! For now, enjoy the pictures!

Getting ready to go!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Avery and her teacher, Miss Melinda.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

It's so fun seeing all of the kids grow up. I can't believe Avery is in preschool either. I love her personality that seems so full of love for life.

Emmerson is a doll. Congrats again. I hope California is treating you well.

If you guys every visit Wyoming, let me know. We'll come up there to see you. We are back in Castle Rock, CO. ;)

hugs to you all!!

Sam said...

Wow, what a cutie pie, glad she is loving preschool!!