Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Missile Launch

The night Grandma Rose and Grandpa Tom got in to town, there was a launch here at the base. Matt was on the launch team, so we all ventured out at 2:00am to watch the "rocket ship" (as Avery calls it). Avery was a trooper and actually stayed awake the entire time. Thankfully, as soon as we got back home at around 3:30am, she went right back to sleep. It was such a neat thing to see up close and am so proud that my husband was a part of it. It's one of those times when you get chills to think how wonderful this country is (even in the state it is today) and how proud I am to call myself a military spouse.

The missile launch.


What a little trooper. By the way, I forgot to mention how cold it was that night! I think it was in the 40's with the windchill. And to those of us in CA, that's cold!! I have already forgotten how cold cold can be from living in WY!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


The gang....on the left are our friends Stacy and Grant (I think they tried to avoid the picture!), Grandpa Tom is in the middle back and Grandma Rose and Avery on the right.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

It's been about a month since I last looked at your blog. Soooo, it's a girl, right! How great! And, the rocket launch picture captured the moment so well. Good work! I've never seen one. We are getting out of the Air Force as we know it and moving back to Colorado. Adam's going to stay in the reserves though. He interviewed this last week, but we don't know for sure where he's going to work yet. We most likely will be moving back into our house in Castle Rock. His last day here in Alamogordo, NM is Sept 16th. You guys will have a month old by then. CRAZY! I wish you guys all the best with the new beginnings coming along.....with Avery's preschool too! I can't believe it. How old is she going to be this fall? 4???