Thursday, May 15, 2008

Break from OH Trip

I have a ton more pictures to post from OH, but I wanted to take a break real quick to show off my new toy. Matt and Avery got me a new camera for Mother's Day and I love it!! I've taken it on some of our recent adventures. The first one is at the "park with swings". We only have about three parks on base that have actual swings and lately Avery has been obsessed with swinging. I think we've finally decided to get a swing set for our back yard so we don't always have to go to the park. She had a blast swinging while Daddy pushed (apparently he pushes way higher than Mommy).

The next adventure we had was at the base bowling alley. I thought it would be fun to take Avery bowling so we invited a couple of her friends to come with us. Aside from the "Surf Lanes Police" as my friends Stacy and Joy and I called them, we had a great time. The older gentlemen who ran the alley were apparently not so used to have little kids bowl...I'm pretty sure we all got yelled at for some reason or another! This was Avery's first time bowling and I have to say she didn't do too bad. She had a whopping score of 43! Ha Ha Other than battling with housing maintenance issues and power outages, we haven't been up to a whole lot. We've been enjoying the wonderfully nice weather this week. Hopefully it lasts while Matt's parents are out so we can take them to the beach without having to bring our heavy jackets.

Enjoy the pictures and videos!


Avery enjoying the swings. She actually says, "Oh my golly!" this time instead of "Oh my God!". She cracks us up....not even sure where she heard that one.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


She's probably asking "Big one, Daddy?" right here....meaning she wants to go higher on the swing.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Her next favorite thing...the slide.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Avery and Alec, waiting patiently to roll their balls down the lane.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



One technique used by Avery.....let's just drop the ball from really high up and see what happens. I'm pretty sure the men who ran the place cringed! Ha Ha

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



After seeing her drop the ball, I decided to step in and show her to roll the ball between her legs. That didn't work so well either because the ball was a little too large to fit between her legs. It was a comical sight!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


The proud bowlers; Avery, Alec and Grant.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Avery's attempt at bowling. I kept telling her to blow on the ball to make it go faster. At one point, one of the balls she threw ended up stopping half way down the lane! Ha Ha

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! i was scared for a second watching Avery swing, it looked like the swing was going to flip clear around, but she was having fun :) thanks again for sending the book. luv and miss ya!

Sam said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures!! I love the videos, but especially love the pic of her, Alec & Grant. My word, she's beautiful!!!!
My only complaint? I want some pics of her little sis!! Love & miss you so much!!

momto2boys said...

Avery looks soooo grown up and so tall!!! What a big girl she is becoming!!! :)

Miss you guys!